its a wet friday morning.....

  1. ....as its a very wet morning and I nearly got washed away when out walking my lovely dog Lola I thought I would introduce you to HMS Minifred and Lizza. This piece was created as part of the exhibition for the Form Gallery. I was wandering around the junk market one day when I spied the boat. It was actually a little homemade stool, it was a funny shape and had a lid which formed the seat. As soon as i lifted the seat it turned into a boat. This became HMS Minifred named in honor of my grandmother . Lizza was already in my ceramics studio she has a slight tilt to her and I realised she was blown by the wind as she sails out across the lake. In her hand she holds her maps and her scarf flows in the breeze. The exhibition was all about the love of homemade items particularly wooden items. My grandfather was a carpenter and I remember many happy hours playing with wood shavings and nailing them onto pieces of wood to pretend they were dolls. This love of wood and seeing my grandfather making little tables has obviously stayed with me and I am drawn to the handmade. the exhibition started from some very homemade items but more of that later.The boat just appeared and was a very funny shaped stool I love the fact that these things have been made with love and although not expertly made they have been treasured I hope by saving them they remain treasured and have a new story to tell......

Comments

Popular Posts