a quick bit of news whilst baking cakes



a quick bit of news whilst baking cakes..............


 recent acquisitions from junk market . I love the three little metal soldiers huts and the little plastic christmas tree cake decoration. I am not sure where they are going to live but it might become a small boxed assemblage to inspire. In fact I have already taken the idea of the metal hut into ceramics. The idea of huts has appealed for a while Mr Obediah living in his little beach hut with wheels so I suppose its no surprise that I was attracted to these..



who is this funny little character...he is obviously very old he has wooden legs like a peg doll and little metal arms. He came along with the soldiers huts and the Christmas cake decorations . The chap on the market said 'he's  yours for £2.00 who could resist and he didn't really want to be left behind. I think he quite dapper and although may cause mischief he can find a home in my menagerie. let me check on the cakes...


 I purchased this little shelf in Rose and Browns a lovely vintage shop in Saltaire so was experimenting in the garden taken photos with new bits and pieces. The doll has a lovely dress reminding me of life on the prairie she is all made from fabric and has the most wonderful shaped feet. bambi has a whole family and are really sweet they may become part of some bigger project its a wait and see item... cakes need to all come out of the oven the house smells wonderfully of banana cakes.. yummy...

Comments

Popular Posts