wednesday the first day of this month......... 

today I have been compiling a CD of work to send to a gallery getting to grips with a new computer is taxing the brain I would rather be making ceramics or sewing but hey ho these things must be tackled!



I created these 'frocks' for a show in Paris last February. The show was for the textile industry and it was suggested  I compile a collection . Having never done anything like that before it was a challenge and so I did just what I thought I would like. Its a very eclectic combination of fabrics and techniques. The more I worked the more these pieces began to resemble frocks and costumes. They have since come home to me and now I am looking to develop them into pieces of art. They need more work and to be placed together with other items to make a story so watch this space......




Comments

Popular Posts