well today its sunny..........

 

it is a lovely sunny September morning , the kiln is on , the dog has been walked so I thought I'd try and catch up with some news.
This is a mouse that lives in my house ! he has his smart tie on and for some reason is holding a lovely flower. the dog is a junk market find and was rescued to join the menagerie of found objects living in corners of the house....

I briefly went to the junk market yesterday and have promised to show you purchases. I can not as yet tell you where these items fit into my work , sometimes they just appeal and I cant explain why but I know they might come in handy!

lots of clock faces and these beautiful old photograph frames and an old athletics badge! I hated sport at school it was never really my thing , reading was much more enjoyable !
I love the country scene on the linen mat underneath all my bits and pieces. I dream of a studio surrounded by countryside , chickens, my lovely dog, cats but hey I did say dream ! I enjoyed reading about the stylist Emma Freemantle in Selvedge magazine she lives on a narrow boat that is also her studio and then the same month there was an article on houseboats in Country Living Magazine oh dear I am still dreaming !! Its just so nice to be inspired by lovely things that dont cost much but have a history and the stains and distress add to their beauty. I hope you enjoy them too. I am now off to do some sewing and hope you all see something lovely today.....

Comments

Popular Posts