a damp market day........................

who would have thought a damp January market day could be so exciting. I go to Newcastle-under-Lyme flea market on a Tuesday and sadly the number of stalls are dwindling in the economic climate but something interesting usually turns up. Today was no exception. A lovely lady called jean phoned to tell me she was bringing some fabric bits I might be interested in  so boots and jacket donned I set off. 
Firstly I went to to a jewellery chap who has the most luscious bits and pieces I just wish I was wealthier!! Anyway he had a large tin of military buttons, emblems and ribbon and I have a bit of a military thing at the moment so a purchase was made. I also discovered a silver pendant with and ivory insert of two love birds I couldn't resist. He apologised for not having cleaned it but that's also what attracted me to it the age of the object I hate things shiny and new.
So next came Jean 's bag of bits which held some delightful treasures wonderful old fabrics a wool camisole and some very faded trim.
On arriving home the postman had delivered my new book Karen Nicol's Embellished what a wonderful book it is just a feast of inspiration. With all my purchases spread at my feet I played and hence took photos for you to see ....

vintage wool camisole

lovely old lace and pendant
wool jumper

wool camisole and quilted sample
military badges

Comments

Popular Posts