cabbage white butterfly.....

flutters across the sky and i wonder at the beautiful summer morning. I walked Lola through the woods and heard young buzzards calling as they soared across the hay meadow. A sparrow hawk was climbing the same thermal and almost seemed to be  joining in a game of chase. I came across something that reminded me afresh what I have been trying to capture in my work. A child had been playing in the wood and left a camp she had built, not for her but as if for the animals she envisaged sitting by the fire warming their toes. Its stepping away from reality and getting in touch with something magical a sense of wonder, no dolls would have lived here it would have been enough to build the fire and leave a bucket dangling above. The  entrance and the wall of twigs to keep out the naughty ones , the weasals and stoats who sneak in to pinch the blackberry jam! I left a surprise for her a little bed made of twigs and fern with a little log as a headrest. She will go and marvel and wonder who had left a bed so tidy. Its that essence of something magical having taken place  a world within a world, tomorrow I shall go and add to the story leaving a pillow and quilt all made from old vintage fabrics nothing new built from scraps it will delight and thrill her to think maybe fairies have entered her world. So I came home and took some photos of  a very ladylike stoat who would have scolded the ones who stole the jam but then loved to eat it on hot buttered scones...






Comments

Popular Posts