mellow afternoon light....

is dwindling and I am just  thinking its nearly time for mine and Lola's afternoon preamble. It gets darker earlier and so the afternoon seems to get shorter. Today has been a day of sewing  making sure the " Lost and Found " is already for the Open Art Exhibition at Unit Twelve. I have been fortunate to be selected and so need to get finished and delivered this week. Today I thought I would share my lovely fat bodies, close up details and "off to catch the post". Construction was quite a project to work out as I wanted my figures to have strength and stature. I happen to have a love of upholstery so that was the route the bases took,they are well stitched , covered and stuffed with wooden bases so they stand tall (some almost two feet !. Fabrics are collected and searched for at vintage fairs along with buttons and other bits and bobs. I love ticking, wool blankets old children's woolen clothing, hand knitting and luscious printed cottons....I hope you enjoy  







Comments

Popular Posts