Wednesday, 20 August 2014

the light is tinged with a hint of gold .....

and a chilly wind is blowing from the North reminding us our long days of Summer are slowly coming to a close and Autumn is just around the corner. Blackberries ripen on the brambles and eldberries glisten in the morning light.  Until the Autumn is fully upon us I always feel a tinge of sadness for those fresh early days of summer , with hot sunshine and light nights.  Tweed and woolly scarves are my comforters that will  get me through the Winter days but until then I will make the most of floral frocks layered up now with cardigans. Work is slowly drying and I must confess to making the most of Summer , enjoying the time of catching up with friends and gardening, work is slow paced . The kiln will be on next week and then everything will start to happen, I have a new venture to explore just waiting for space in time to allow it to grow. Until then just some bits and bobs for you to enjoy......











7 comments:

  1. testing....wondering if my last comment went through??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously it didn't! I'm having issues with comments lately and a number of them aren't being accepted. Noticed that the one I made on your previous post didn't get through either. Sigh. As I was saying....I love the varied little treasures in your photos today. And I also said something along the lines of being totally sympathetic with you regarding the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Magpie's mumblings so sorry your comments arent getting through , its always nice to hear from people who are enjoying my ramblings and adventures. the afternoon warmed up and its now a clear blue sky so maybe summer may come back for a while !

      Delete
  3. Loving the bits and bobs. Look forward to seeing your new venture!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jacqui I really need to get on with it...but Summer and gardening and setting up exhibitions has kept me from really getting down to work !

      Delete
  4. At least you have a kiln!! Bit of extra heating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually dont have a kiln in my studio! Its a section of a portacabin and probably wouldnt be safe to have a kiln in there...I do have a little wall heater and can get the place snug if need be. The kiln is situated in the main factory and I have to walk carefully over a yard to get there balancing fragile ceramics as I go !!!

      Delete